Tuesday 24 July 2012

"If, for example a guy was walking down the street with a parrot on his shoulder..."

(60mm f5.3 1/500 ISO-100)


I know, my last entry totally set me up for this post.

I was walking up some subway steps when I saw a guy walking in the opposite direction with a couple of blue things on his shoulders. I couldn't make out what they were until he was close enough, then out came the camera and snap!

The funniest thing was that when I held the camera up to my eye both of the macaws suddenly turned their heads and looked into the lens, as if they were posing for me. Even the one on the man's right shoulder looked forward so as not to be obscured by his head. The man on the other hand just looked straight ahead and carried on walking LIKE A BOSS, while everybody around him looked on in amazement. And so they should.

If I could change anything, a full body shot of him walking would have put him in a better context, but he was already close to me and walking quite fast so I ended up half-bodying him (plus my camera was in my bag, argh!). I also would have liked some bystander reactions, but nobody was in frame when I took the photo (just my luck, really).

Keep on rockin', Parrot Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment