Thursday 19 July 2012

Heron

Nature is a subject that always seems to just be there, even in a big city. Whether it's a bunch of leaves on a bush, a flower in a plant pot or a bug on a wall, there's always something tucked away behind all that concrete, steel and glass.

@Hyde Park, London (23mm f/3.6, 1/320, ISO 200)*

Just one of many nature-type shots I have. I really like the heron's long, slender shape, and that stare... intense!

If there's one thing I could change it would be the reflections in the top of the frame as they are a little distracting. I suppose I could have just 'shopped them out but I usually prefer keeping the image true to how it was taken. the only major edits I normally like to do are adjusting colour levels and cropping.


*Programmable auto mode (or full auto, I forget) on a DMC-FZ45. Info added for the geeks :)
35mm focal equivalent = 126

No comments:

Post a Comment