Monday 17 June 2013

Family affair

A candid shot of Vinny, my godson.


Over the weekend I was at a family celebration and, being the guy with a half-decent camera (i.e., non-smartphone, non-point & shoot) I automatically became the day's "official" photographer. That meant taking the typical posed and organised photos to document the event.

Most people there were savvy to candids; you point a camera at a person and as soon as they see you they usually change their whole persona. I saw my godson playing in the garden, looking through a glass door and, seeing how he wasn't concerned with my camera at that moment took the opportunity for a non-posed shot.

Just the right amount of stuff I like: candid style, reflections, interactions and of course a nice black & white conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment