Saturday 8 September 2012

Trumpeter

Just off Leicester Square I heard what I thought at the time was a trumpeter busking. A little more playing and I started to think that the notes weren't coming from a trumpet at all. I navigated the crowds and followed the sound. That's when I saw the musician in question.


This man was actually "doot-doot-dooting" into the traffic cone, which amplified his song above the general cacophony of tourists and traffic. I don't remember the song he was "performing" but it was the only song in his repertoire and it was pretty catchy.

Update (July 2013): I heard this guy again, this time near Covent Garden. The song he was dooting was "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. It was the exact same song as the one in Leicester Square. His repertoire hasn't changed and his timing was still very much off. I suppose if it ain't broken...

No comments:

Post a Comment