Wednesday 1 August 2012

Kalabaw

I painted a picture of a carabao for my art blog a while back, and it seems to get a lot of visits, mostly from the Philippines. So I looked in my archives and found some photos of the real deal.


Unlike my painting this particular kalabaw is a fully working beast, hence all the rope and pully attached to its horns and body. This one also has a mottled head, kind of like reversed freckles, which were quite interesting as I only ever see ones that are totally brown or black.
 
It was "parked" just outside the family house in the Philippines after dragging a pile of bamboo into our front yard. I didn't know it was coming that day and when I saw it the yard I ran outside and took a couple of snaps with my crappy phone.



My FZ45 was upstairs in my room, so I ran back inside, up a couple of flights of stairs to my room, grabbed my camera, ran back down and when I got outside it was no longer in the yard :(


A detailed picture showing the spots, hairs, rope and rain-shined horns. My favourite of the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment