Wednesday 1 May 2013

Ignore the horse

I remember passing by this window a few times. One day I decided to cross the road and wait for just a few minutes.


The two people lined themselves up nicely, and I like that they both ignored the big wooden horse as well as each other: the woman engrossed in her iPhone/MP3 player, the man in his own thoughts, probably.

I would have preferred a more centred, less-cropped shot, but I had to shoot off-centre as my own reflection in the window was really obvious even though I was on the other side of the road. I suppose a polariser would have been good to have (at least to lessen the reflections in general) but I only have a 52mm polariser and this lens has a 62mm filter, and fiddling with polarisers isn't very efficient when shooting on-the-move. I'm still in the picture (left door reflection, under the awning) but I'm standing in a shadow and my outline is barely visible in this 900px resize.


Last night I had a dream in black and white, which wasn't entirely surreal as it was street photography related. I remember standing around a lot of other photographers in an urban setting, and we were all moving around, trying to line each other up with the backgrounds to shoot some interesting compositions. Nobody really stood still for too long though, we were all looking for that perfect shot. I did manage to get a couple of guys framed up between two vertical structures, and I remember being quite pleased at framing and shooting these fast-moving subjects.

That was pretty odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment